We understand how important it is to keep your information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly.
Please read this Privacy Notice (‘Privacy Notice’) carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the information we collect, store, and use about you.
WHY WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law. It explains how we use the information we collect, store, and hold about you. If you are unclear about how we process or use your information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other issue regarding your information, then please contact our Data Protection Lead (see paragraph 3 below).
The Law says:
- We must let you know why we collect information about you.
- We must let you know how we use any information we hold on you.
- We need to inform you in respect of what we do with it.
- We need to tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why.
- We need to let you know how long we keep it for.
In this Privacy Notice YOR Local Medical Committee Limited (YORLMC Ltd) is referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘the LMC’. We also refer to any personal data that may be used to identify you as ‘your information’.
We are YOR Local Medical Committee Limited (YORLMC Ltd), (‘the LMC’). Our registered address is 1st Floor, 87-89 Leeds Road, Harrogate, HG2 8BE. We are a company registered in England and Wales, company number 6349731.
YORLMC Ltd is the brand name for Bradford & Airedale and North Yorkshire LMCs. It is the professional voice for all NHS GPs and practice teams across the areas of North Yorkshire & York and Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale & Craven. YORLMC Ltd is a gateway to pastoral support and provides personal and totally confidential support for GPs and practices in difficulty or experiencing major change. It also provides personal advice and support for practices on a wide range of issues.
We are the Data Controller of your information.
There may be times where we also process your information.
This means we use it for a particular purpose and, therefore, on those occasions we may also be Data Processors of your information.
The purposes for which we use your information are set out in this Privacy Notice.
DATA PROTECTION LEAD
Our Data Protection Lead is Angela Foulston, Chief Executive.
If you have a query or need any further information about this Privacy Notice or wish to make a complaint, please email the Data Protection Lead at email: email@example.com , postal address: 1st Floor, 87-89 Leeds Road, Harrogate, HG2 8BE, telephone number: 01423 879922.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
To communicate with you as constituent GPs, Committee and Corporate Affairs Team members, job applicants, contractors, practice managers and other members of the wider practice team in order to gather and disseminate knowledge, advice and bespoke information. This is part of your membership offering by the LMC.
All information collected will only be used for the legitimate purpose of fulfilling the LMC’s function. This shall include sending you information such as bulletins, newsletters, mailings, elections on behalf of the LMC / CCGs / Federations/PCNs/the BMA (GPC), surveys, events/training, bespoke information and guidance (be it on a locality, practice or individual level) and information relating to levy collections and pastoral support.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We record your name, contact details (including, emails, addresses, practice address, telephone number), GMC number (if you are a GP), date of birth (if you are a GP), gender/sex, contacts with the LMC office.
This may include email correspondence, letters and summaries of telephone conversations. This may relate to mailings sent by the LMC, individual advice /support, and pastoral support. This information is held securely and confidentially.
If you are Committee or Corporate Affairs Team member we will, in addition to the above information, collect your national insurance number, your financial details including your bank account and your sort code for the purpose of paying you.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
The law states that we must collect your information in accordance with a legal basis. We will only use any information that you provide in accordance with the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“UK GDPR”), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other relevant legislation, regulation, code of practice or guidance.
The legal basis for collecting and using your information will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which it is collected.
We will normally collect information from you where:
- We have your consent to do so (you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time).
- We require the information to perform a contract with you.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority invested in us.
- We have a legal obligation to process the information.
- Where we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the time and we will let you know whether the provision of your information is mandatory and the consequences if you do not provide this information.
If you have any questions concerning the legal basis on which we collect your information, please contact our Data Protection Lead (see paragraph 3 above).
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be retained in line with current law, national guidance and our current Data Retention Policy.
However, we do not keep your information any longer than we consider is reasonably necessary.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Where we do ask for your information this is to ensure we provide you with information that we believe is important to your membership of the LMC.
We may pass on your information if we have a legal obligation to do so, otherwise, we will not share your information with other organisations for market research or commercial purposes and we will not pass on your details to other websites.
There may also be occasions where we may provide information about you in an anonymised form. If we do so, then none of the information we provide to any other party will identify you as an individual and cannot be traced back to you.
We may share your information as follows and for the purposes as set out below;
- General Practitioner Committee (GPC) in order to administer their regional elections.
- NHS England in order to confirm levy mandates and payments. We provide, the names of practices and the names of principal GPs for those practices when they are requested.
- All constituents will be provided with the names of committee members when we declare results of the LMC elections. The names of committee members are also displayed on YORLMC’s website (www.yorlmcltd.co.uk)
- Speakers, trainers, sponsors of an event or the venue hosting an event you have chosen to attend may for administrative purposes be provided with your name, dietary requirements, and any access requirements (due to any disability).
- Interview panel if you apply for a position at YORLMC Ltd.
- Sponsorship: Delegate lists (excluding personal information) will be shared with event sponsors.
- General Support: Where we have your explicit consent, collected on a case-by-case basis, your details may be shared with LMC Officers, Practice Manager Representatives, and Pastoral Support Agencies.
- Honoraria: If you are a Committee member or Contractor, your information will be processed via the Sage payroll system in order to pay honoraria and will be provided to HMRC for tax purposes.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes unless we have your consent.
Education / Training
As part of the ongoing service the LMC provides to Practices, training and education mailings will be circulated to relevant contacts on our database from time to time.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- to be informed if your information is being used.
- request access to the information that we have collected about you. We are obliged to provide this to you free of charge within one month of receipt of your request (unless your request is complex, or you have made numerous requests in which case it may take us longer). If your request is unfounded, excessive, or repetitive we may charge a reasonable administrative fee.
- request the correction of any information held about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. We encourage you to inform us of any changes to your information so that we can ensure that the data we hold on you is accurate and up to date.
- request the deletion or removal of your information where your information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected/processed, where there is no appropriate reason for us to continue processing it or where we have processed your information unlawfully. However, your request for deletion/removal may not always be met for legal reasons. You will be informed of these reasons when you make your request.
- object to the processing of your information for a particular purpose or purposes. If we agree with your objection, we will stop using your information. If we feel there are strong and legitimate reasons to continue using your information despite your objections, we will continue to do so, and we will inform you of the reasons. You also have a right to object to us using your information for direct marketing. This means we must stop using your information if you object.
- restrict the processing of your information for example when you challenge the accuracy of the data, we hold on you and we are verifying that data.
- request portability of your information. This means you have a right to receive the information you provided to us in a way that is accessible and machine-readable. You also have the right to ask us to transfer your information to another organisation if this is technically feasible.
- not to be subject to automated individual decision-making and profiling (known as automated processing) if the decision affects your legal rights or has an important effect on you in some other way.
- withdraw your consent at any time where we process your information on the basis of your consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue to provide you with our services. We will inform you of this at the time you withdraw your consent.
For further information on your rights please go to: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
RIGHT TO OBJECT AND COMPLAIN
You have the right to object to your information being used in some or all of the ways as described in this Privacy Notice. Please contact the Data Protection Lead should you have any questions or issues with the use of your information as described here.
You have the right to complain about the management of your information. In the first instance, please refer your complaint to the Data Protection Lead as detailed above. If you remain dissatisfied with our response you have a right to raise any concern or complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE
If English is not your first language, you can request a translation of this Privacy Notice. Please contact our Data Protection Lead for further information.
COOKIES (GOOGLE ANALYTICS)
When you visit our website, you are also prompted to allow us to collect additional information about how you use the website. This data is anonymised and is used to allow us to identify trends on our website and make improvements. For example, this anonymised data allows us to see how many people have visited a certain page on our website in a given month. Unless you click the "Allow cookies" option, we do not collect this data or store the Google Analytics tracking cookie that enables this functionality on your device.
For more information on ‘Cookies and similar technologies’ go to https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Our website contains hyperlinks to other third-party websites. If you go to another website from our website, it is important that you read their Privacy Notice on that website to find out what it does with your information and their policies may differ from ours. We take no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or use of information, personal or otherwise, on other websites.
THIRD PARTY ENGAGEMENT / SUPPLIERS
Where we use third parties to process or use your information on our behalf, we ensure that we have a robust agreement in place which makes it clear that they must be compliant with the UK GDPR and any other relevant data protection legislation. We also make it clear that the information they may receive about you from us is only used in a manner consistent with the aims of the LMC and this Privacy Notice.
We use Fourteen Fish acting as a data processor to maintain our constituent database, public website, and other emails. It may be necessary during the course of these activities that Fourteen Fish will require access to information of YORLMC Ltd constituents.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your information very seriously and we do everything we can to ensure that your information is always protected and secure. We regularly update our processes and systems and we also ensure that our staff are properly trained. We also carry out assessments and audits of the information that we hold about you and make sure that, if we provide any other services, we carry out proper assessments and security reviews.
In most circumstances, we hold your information electronically. It is password protected and held securely on either our internal computer systems or on a third-party secure server. In some instances, your information can be accessed by mobile devices which are password protected.
Where paper records are retained, these are held securely in a locked filing cabinet within the LMC office.
members of the LMC management and administration team have access to this information.
The LMC uses a third-party service (Fourteen Fish) to help maintain the security and performance of the LMC website.
We are obliged to protect any confidential information that we hold about you and we take this very seriously. It is imperative that you let us know immediately if you change any of your contact details so as to ensure that the information, we hold about you is up to date and correct.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note that this Privacy Notice will be regularly reviewed and updated in line with current data protection legislation, regulation, and guidance. You should check this Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
This Privacy Notice was last reviewed January 2021.