- ABOUT US
We are YOR Local Medical Committee Limited (YORLMC Ltd), (‘the LMC’). Our registered address is 1st Floor, 87-89 Leeds Road, Harrogate, HG2 8BE. We are a company registered in England and Wales, company number 6349731.
YORLMC Ltd is the brand name for Bradford & Airedale and North Yorkshire LMCs. It is the professional voice for all NHS GPs and practice teams across the areas of North Yorkshire & York and Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale & Craven. YORLMC Ltd is a gateway to pastoral support and provides personal and totally confidential support for GPs and practices in difficulty or experiencing major change. It also provides personal advice and support for practices on a wide range of issues.
We are the Data Controller of your information.
There may be times where we also process your information.
This means we use it for a particular purpose and, therefore, on those occasions we may also be Data Processors of your information.
The purposes for which we use your information are set out in this Privacy Notice.
- WHY WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law. It explains how we use the information we collect, store, and hold about you. If you are unclear about how we process or use your information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other issue regarding your information, then please contact our Data Protection Lead (see paragraph 3 below).
The Law says:
- We must let you know why we collect information about you.
- We must let you know how we use any information we hold on you.
- We need to inform you in respect of what we do with it.
- We need to tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why.
- We need to let you know how long we keep it for.
In this Privacy Notice YOR Local Medical Committee Limited (YORLMC Ltd) is referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘the LMC’. We also refer to any personal data that may be used to identify you as ‘your information’.
- DATA PROTECTION LEAD
: email@example.com , postal address: 1st Floor, 87-89 Leeds Road, Harrogate, HG2 8BE, telephone number: 01423 879922.
- WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
To communicate with you as constituent GPs, Committee and Corporate Affairs Team members, job applicants, contractors, practice managers and other members of the wider practice team in order to gather and disseminate knowledge, advice and bespoke information. This is part of your membership offering by the LMC.
All information collected will only be used for the legitimate purpose of fulfilling the LMC’s function. This shall include sending you information such as bulletins, newsletters, mailings, elections on behalf of the LMC / CCGs / Federations/PCNs/the BMA (GPC), surveys, events/training, bespoke information and guidance (be it on a locality, practice or individual level) and information relating to levy collections and pastoral support.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We record your name, contact details (including, emails, addresses, practice address, telephone number), GMC number (if you are a GP), date of birth (if you are a GP), gender/sex, contacts with the LMC office.
This may include email correspondence, letters and summaries of telephone conversations. This may relate to mailings sent by the LMC, individual advice /support, and pastoral support. This information is held securely and confidentially.
If you are Committee Member, Contractor or Corporate Affairs Team member we will, in addition to the above information, collect your national insurance number, your financial details including your bank account and your sort code for the purpose of paying you.
- LAWFUL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
The law states that we need a lawful basis to collect and use your information. We will only use any information that you provide in accordance with the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“UK GDPR”), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other relevant legislation, regulation, code of practice or guidance.
The lawful basis for collecting and using your information will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which it is collected.
We will normally collect information from you where:
- We have your consent to do so (you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time).
- We require the information to perform a contract with you.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority invested in us.
- We have a legal obligation to process the information.
- Where we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the time and we will let you know whether the provision of your information is mandatory and the consequences if you do not provide this information.
If you have any questions concerning the lawful basis on which we collect your information, please contact our Data Protection Lead (see paragraph 3 above).
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be retained in line with current law, national guidance and our current Record Retention and Disposal Policy. However, we do not keep your information any longer than we consider is reasonably necessary.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Where we do ask for your information, this is to ensure we provide you with information that we believe is important to your membership of the LMC.
We may pass on your information if we have a legal obligation to do so, otherwise, we will not share your information with other organisations for market research or commercial purposes and we will not pass on your details to other websites.
There may also be occasions where we may provide information about you in an anonymised form. If we do so, then none of the information we provide to any other party will identify you as an individual and cannot be traced back to you.
We may share your information as follows and for the purposes as set out below;
- General Practitioner Committee (GPC) in order to administer their regional elections.
- NHS England in order to confirm levy mandates and payments. We provide, the names of practices and the names of principal GPs for those practices when they are requested.
- All constituents will be provided with the names of committee members when we declare results of the LMC elections. The names of committee members are also displayed on YORLMC’s website (www.yorlmcltd.co.uk).
- Speakers, trainers, sponsors of an event or the venue hosting an event you have chosen to attend, may for administrative purposes be provided with your name, dietary requirements, and any access requirements (due to any disability).
- Interview panel: if you apply for a position at YORLMC Ltd.
- Sponsorship: Delegate lists (excluding personal information) will be shared with event sponsors.
- General Support: Where we have your explicit consent, collected on a case-by-case basis, your details may be shared with LMC Officers, Practice Manager Representatives, and Pastoral Support Agencies.
- Honoraria: If you are a Committee member, your information will be processed via the Sage payroll system in order to pay honoraria and will be provided to HMRC for tax purposes.
- Contractors: If you are a contractor, your information will be processed via the Sage payroll system in order to make payment and will be provided to HMRC for tax purposes.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes unless we have your consent.
Education / Training
As part of the ongoing service the LMC provides to Practices, training and education mailings will be circulated to relevant contacts on our database from time to time.
- PASTORAL SUPPORT
Part of the LMCs’ function is to provide pastoral support to our constituents. This involves providing personal and confidential support for individual GPs and Practice Managers facing difficulty or experiencing major change. The process is as follows:
- The service is led by our Medical Secretary and requests for pastoral support are passed to them in the first instance.
- Requests for pastoral support may be received via telephone call or email.
- Where a telephone call is received, a member of the Corporate Affairs Team will take the caller’s name and best contact number, checking they are happy to receive a call back on that number. The caller will be advised that YORLMC’s Medical Secretary will be asked to phone you to discuss your issue. We will log your name and contact details on our system together with a note confirming that your case has been passed on for actioning. If you choose to share any information about the issue you are calling (including any sensitive information) then the member of the Corporate Affairs Team will ask for your consent to take written notes of the conversation for the purposes of providing the Medical Secretary with some background information relating to your request. This information will only be shared verbally with the Medical Secretary and will never be sent in writing or via email to the Medical Secretary unless you have agreed otherwise.
- Emails sent by you, containing details of the issue you are contacting us about are never stored on our system for longer than is necessary. We will log your name and contact details on our system together with a note confirming that your case has been passed on to the Medical Secretary for actioning. YORLMC’s Medical Secretary will be asked to phone you to discuss your issue. Any written notes taken by the Medical Secretary shall be taken in line with the process described in 9iii above.
- Any information you provide us with (whether verbally or via email) will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and will only be collected on a need-to-know basis. Only the Corporate Affairs Team and the Medical Secretary will have access to your information.
- We will only collect, share and process any information you have provided (including any sensitive information) with your consent and this forms the lawful basis under which we are permitted to use your information in this way. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you have any questions on how your information is handled in respect of pastoral support or would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Lead (see paragraph 3 above).
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- RIGHT TO OBJECT AND COMPLAIN
You have the right to object to your information being used in some or all of the ways as described in this Privacy Notice. Please contact the Data Protection Lead should you have any questions or issues with the use of your information as described here.
You have the right to complain about the management of your information. In the first instance, please refer your complaint to the Data Protection Lead as detailed above. If you remain dissatisfied with our response you
- IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE
If English is not your first language, you can request a translation of this Privacy Notice. Please contact our Data Protection Lead for further information.
- COOKIES (GOOGLE ANALYTICS)
When you visit our website, you are also prompted to allow us to collect additional information about how you use the website. This data is anonymised and is used to allow us to identify trends on our website and make improvements. For example, this anonymised data allows us to see how many people have visited a certain page on our website in a given month. Unless you click the "Allow cookies" option, we do not collect this data or store the Google Analytics tracking cookie that enables this functionality on your device.
For more information on ‘Cookies and similar technologies’ go to https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Our website contains hyperlinks to other third-party websites. If you go to another website from our website, it is important that you read their Privacy Notice on that website to find out what it does with your information as their policies may differ from ours. We take no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or use of information, personal or otherwise, on other websites.
- THIRD PARTY ENGAGEMENT / SUPPLIERS
Where we use third parties to process or use your information on our behalf, we ensure that we have a robust data processing agreement in place which makes it clear that they must be compliant with the UK GDPR and any other relevant data protection legislation. We also make it clear that the information they may receive about you from us is only used in a manner consistent with the aims of the LMC and this Privacy Notice.
We use Fourteen Fish acting as a data processor to maintain our constituent database, public website, and other emails. It may be necessary during the course of these activities that Fourteen Fish will require access to information of YORLMC Ltd constituents.
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your information very seriously and we do everything we can to ensure that your information is always protected and secure. We regularly update our processes and systems and we also ensure that our staff are properly trained. We also carry out assessments and audits of the information that we hold about you and make sure that, if we provide any other services, we carry out proper assessments and security reviews.
In most circumstances, we hold your information electronically. It is password protected and held securely on either our internal computer systems or on a third-party secure server. In some instances, your information can be accessed by mobile devices which are password protected.
Where paper records are retained, these are held securely in a locked filing cabinet within the LMC office.
Only members of the LMC management and administration team have access to this information.
- CONTACTING YOU
We are obliged to protect any confidential information that we hold about you and we take this very seriously. It is imperative that you let us know immediately if you change any of your contact details so as to ensure that the information, we hold about you is up to date and correct.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Please note that this Privacy Notice will be regularly reviewed and updated in line with current data protection legislation, regulation, and guidance.
This document has been created by YORLMC Ltd and is not permitted to be distributed or reproduced without the written consent of YORLMC Ltd.
This Privacy Notice was last reviewed May 2022.