The national Occupational Health Service (OHS) specification was finalised during 2016 and published by NHS England. It has three distinct elements:
- that which will be funded by NHS England including a core service for performers registered on the national performers list (NPL). (This includes GPs, dentists and opticians. The position of pharmacists would need to be clarified)
- that which will be self-funded by applicants to the NPL
- an OH service made available to independent primary care contractors in support of their employer responsibility (fee for service or block contract)
NHS England - North (Yorkshire and the Humber) is undertaking a procurement with a view to commissioning this new service specification for Yorkshire and the Humber area. North East Commissioning Support (NECS) have been commissioned to support NHS England - North (Yorkshire and the Humber) with the procurement and is undertaking a Northern Region wide procurement. The plan was to have new commissioned arrangements in place from 1st April 2018. However, timescales have slipped and although the regional procurement of a new occupational health service is progressing it not as quickly as NHSE had hoped.
As a result the existing Occupational Health arrangements in Yorkshire and The Humber will continue until such time as the new service is in place.
- For Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale & Craven practices contact details for the occupational health service which is based at Airedale General Hospital are:
phone: 01535 294401
(Craven practices are covered by an existing North Yorkshire agreement but it is Airedale NHST that provide the OH service so the contact details are as above)
- For North Yorkshire & York practices (excluding Craven) contact details for the occupational health service which is based at The Occupational Health and Wellbeing Centre, Centurion House, Centurion Park, Tribune Way, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4RY are:
Phone: 01904 725099
Please let the Corporate Affairs Team know if any problems are encountered.