The Corporate Affairs Team
Dougy is the senior professional representative of General Practitioners within the YORLMC area. He is responsible for ensuring the work carried out by YORLMC Ltd on behalf of practices, Primary Care Networks and the Integrated Care Systems as they develop are appropriately resourced
Additionally, Dougy is:
- Chair of the GP Defence Fund (GPDF); the GPDF exists to ensure representation, influence and support for Local Medical Committees, GPs and general practice and its purpose is to strengthen the ‘voice’ of LMCs and GPs at a nationally representative level.
- a Trustee of the Cameron Fund which is the medical benevolent charity that provides support solely to GPs in the UK
- a Director of the YORLMC Ltd Board
- previously an elect Member of the GPC
Associate Chief Executive
Angela is appointed to work alongside the Chief Executive as a senior Officer of YORLMC Ltd. She is responsible for ensuring the continuing the development of the Corporate Affairs Team so that it is equipped to deliver services appropriate to the evolving needs of General Practice.
Additionally, Angela is
- Chair, Yorkshire & Humber LMC Alliance
- a Director of the YORLMC Ltd Board
Belinda is a member of YORLMC’s Board and the Company Secretary. Being responsible for managing all things financial relating to the LMCs and the Company and providing regular reports and forecasts to the Board, Belinda has led the development of the Corporate Affairs Team. This has enabled YORLMC to deliver a growing suite of services designed specifically to meet the needs of constituent GPs and their practice teams.
Belinda also manages the requirements of Limited Company status and Constitutional responsibilities. She works closely with the Director of Liaison and the Education Training and Development Manager to maintain and develop appropriate services for constituent GPs and their Practices, managing specific projects as they arise.
Brian is a Member of YORLMC’s Board and his appointment as Medical Director provides additional resource to the Corporate Affairs Team. He is a long standing Member of North Yorkshire LMC and was vice chair from February 2007 to March 2018.
Brian will work in close liaison with Dougy Moederle-Lumb to support GPs and Practices. Pastoral support is a significant area of work undertaken by YORLMC and Brian specifically will be available to:
- offer advice to doctors about sick colleagues and be able to advise on methods of referral to other agencies for help
- help and advise GPs when responding to complaints and where needed, represent them or act as a "Friend" at hearings
Additionally Brian is:
- a salaried GP
- a GP appraiser since 2002
- elected as a member of the LMC Conference (England) agenda committee
- Local Clinical Director (York and Selby areas), Yorkshire Doctors Urgent Care Ltd which is a private limited company and part of the wider Vocare Group which is also a private limited company
Director of Liaison
In addition to supporting the work of the Chief Executive and Associate Chief Executive, Stacey co-ordinates the work of the Yorkshire & Humber LMC Alliance and West Yorkshire/North Yorkshire Sessional LMC Group.
Kate works closely with the Bradford & Airedale Branch Officers to plan agendas, produce meeting papers and undertake meeting follow up for the AWC, City and Districts Divisions.
Kate is also a first point of contact for queries relating to Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale & Craven GPs and practice teams.
Simon works closely with the North Yorkshire Branch Chair, Vice Chair & Liaison Officers to plan agendas, produce meeting papers and co-ordinate their distribution for the North Yorkshire Branch of YORLMC Ltd and for regular liaison meetings with NHS England, CCGs and Local Authorities. Simon also attends and minutes North Yorkshire Branch meetings and undertakes meeting follow up.
Simon is also a first point of contact for queries relating to North Yorkshire and York GPs and practice teams.
Education, Training & Development Manager
Having previously worked as a practice manager, Leanne understands how time consuming it can be to source the correct courses for practice staff – as a result YORLMC’s Training, Education and Development service is designed to provide practices with access to a range of relevant clinical and non-clinical training and events and is a resource that enables training to be delivered locally for all members of the practice team.
Having achieved a Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration, Gabriella provides dedicated support to the Executive Officers and the Education, Training & Development Manager