GP contract 2020/21
GPC England and NHSE/I have negotiated changes to the GP contract for 2020-21 following a GPC England meeting held on 6 February 2020.
Full details are available on the BMA website here including a briefing to download that is being used at the GPC contract roadshows.
The top line changes
- The new value of Global Sum from 1st April will be £93.46
- The new value of a QOF point will be £194.83
- More roles added to the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme
- Between 2020/21 and 2023/24, the scheme will expand to 26,000 additional roles
- All roles to be reimbursed at 100%, freeing up the existing £1.50/head to contribute to management support for PCNs
- Funding entitlements increase from £257m to £430m next year and, in 2023/24, from £891m to £1,412m
- Extra investment will fund new GP training recruitment and retention measures with £20,000 plus training support for every new partner
- Payment arrangements for vaccinations and immunisations to be reformed
- QOF to be updated
- PCN service specifications reduced and improved
- Investment and Impact Fund introduced worth £40.5m in 2020/21
BMA and NHS England have published a new document Update to the GP Contract agreement 2020/21-2023/24 which includes the revised DES specifications.
YORLMC welcomes your comments on this package. Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org