Dr Brian McGregor
|Position:||Medical Secretary / Branch Member - Vale of York Locality|
|Organisation:||NORTH YORKSHIRE BRANCH|
Brian is a Member of YORLMC’s Board and his appointment as Medical Secretary provides additional resource to the Corporate Affairs Team. He is a long standing Member of North Yorkshire LMC and was vice chair from February 2007 to March 2018.
Brian will work in close liaison with Dougy Moederle-Lumb to support GPs and Practices. Pastoral support is a significant area of work undertaken by YORLMC and Brian specifically will be available to:
- offer advice to doctors about sick colleagues and be able to advise on methods of referral to other agencies for help
- help and advise GPs when responding to complaints and where needed, represent them or act as a "Friend" at hearings
Additionally Brian is:
- a salaried GP
- a GP appraiser since 2002
- elected to the BMA General Practitioners Committee (GPC) as a representative for North Yorkshire & Bradford
- elected as a member of the LMC Conference (England) agenda committee which sets the agendas for these national conferences which decide GPC England policy for the coming year.
- Local Clinical Director (York and Selby areas), Yorkshire Doctors Urgent Care Ltd which is a private limited company and part of the wider Vocare Group which is also a private limited company