Executive Officer – YORLMC
YOR Local Medical Committee Ltd invites applications to join its friendly, highly motivated professional team. The successful candidate will work in an attractive environment with excellent opportunity for personal and professional development.
YOR Local Medical Committee Ltd (YORLMC) is one of a unique group of organisations that exist across the country to represent and support NHS GPs and their practice teams. LMCs are representative organisations. This means that we have a membership of GPs elected by their peers to represent them.
YORLMC covers a wide geographical area that includes North Yorkshire & York and Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven and is led by a Board of Directors. YORLMC also has a small secretariat team, known as the Corporate Affairs Team (CAT) which carries out the day to day work of the organisation. It is a small, highly focused and cross-supporting unit where individuals are expected to work autonomously and support colleagues as much as possible. The CAT handles and has access to personal and sensitive information so all members of the team are required to maintain confidentiality at all times.
The successful candidate will work within the CAT and will receive training supported by a comprehensive induction programme. They must be able to manage a range of tasks in a demanding and often time critical environment, maintain attention to detail and have the ability to plan, manage and take ownership of workload.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- ability to work independently and take responsibility for their own workload in accordance with team priorities
- demonstrate high levels of maturity, excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- confidence and an ability to communicate information clearly
- ability to gather, analyse, summarise and share information in a variety of ways
- an interest in learning about primary care and developing knowledge of general practice
- excellent organisational and administrative skills including the ability to work with a variety of IT applications
Workload will therefore be a mix of routine and much more varied activities providing the exciting opportunity to mould certain aspects of this role and make them your own.
Please read our full application pack attached (including job description and person specification) for more information about YORLMC and about this role and how to apply.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact Stacey Fielding, Associate Director of Liaison, 01423 879922.